Background

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Testing. Testing? 1-2-3!

Hello? Is anyone out there? Haha, I'm sure that's what people have been thinking about my blog. It has pretty much died since my last post in October 2012. That's 8 months of silence. I know... I know... So I've gotta make up for lost time and get us caught up to the middle of 2013!! So I've got 8 pictures to summarize the highlights from the past 8 months.

Miss Ella Arrives
My good friend Maryam had her first daughter, Ella, on October 7, 2012!!! Ella and I are birthday buddies. She is the most adorable, personable little girl and I love her to pieces. She is growing up so fast! Here she is in her Red Raider gear :).



Bye Bye Z and Hello Evo
While it was sad to see my little red Z go, I was happy to upgrade to a big girl car. The Z and I had some great memories together, but she started having some mechanical issues that made her unsafe on the Houston streets. After much deliberation I had to get a new ride and chose the Range Rover Evoque! It's a 2-door SUV, so it's a good transition from the Z to a bigger car.


New Years in Key West
What a fun trip! My friend Kirsten and her boyfriend had plans to spend New Years in Key West, Florida. She asked if we'd like to join them, and Bo and I hopped on a plane to ring in the new year Island style.



Birthdays and Anniversaries
This year Bo celebrated his 30th and Denali her 5th! Bo and I officially reached the 2-year milestone in March!


Bo's Hometown, Alexandria, VA
After 2 years of dating I guess it was about time that I visit Bo's hometown in Virginia. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but got to visit the national capital, see where Bo grew up, and spend quality time with Bo's mom, Bev. Bo's dad was on a walk along the Mississippi River, so he wasn't home for this particular visit.

Cabo Wabo!
Add another fabulous vacation to the list. This spring we visited San Jose del Cabo! It was a first for both of us but it was a very relaxing vacation in paradise!

Preakness and Ponies
Bo and I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to the Preakness, the second horse race of the triple crown. I of course got a fabulous outfit and wide brimmed hat. I even picked the winning horse to show! Such a cool experience. If you haven't been to a big horse race like this, you should add it to your bucket list.



Family Cruise to Alaska
I was so excited when my parents asked me to join them for family vacation to the Upper One... Alaska that is! It's been 5 years since I was up there, and I was definitely in need of some fresh air. It was a great cruise, and mom and I spent most of our time at the spa... We called it Spalaska. Great scenery and again another one in a lifetime trip.


Well that gets the highlights~ I'm so blessed to have such great friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this means you are back to blogging!! :-) Love seeing all the pics!

    ReplyDelete