Background

Saturday, July 7, 2012

House Projects

The other day I had some time to kill, and I found myself a little excited to do some shopping for the house.  But to my disappointment, I was so overwhelmed and didn't have a place to start.  I know there are so many decorations and furniture that the house needs... but it's so daunting.

I was reminded of something my mom used to tell me when I had a big project to take on - "Break it up in small pieces and before you know, the whole thing will be done."  Thus, I've decided to have three revolving projects to focus on.  Those will be the things I shop for and focus on.  Once I've finished a piece, another mini-project will take it's place!  This will probably require weekly trips to HomeGoods and Lowe's.

So here are my first 3 HOUSE PROJECTS:
1.  Get the chandelier hung in the master bath.
2.  Photo gallery in dining area.
3.  Pick guest bedroom #2 bedding and wall paint color.

The photo gallery is already getting started!  I purchased the frames today, and hopefully will have the photos printed and hung tomorrow. 

The chandelier is ready to go but I need some extra hardware to hang... Another trip to Lowe's!

As far as the second guest bedroom goes - it is currently lime green.  I'd really like to have the walls painted before September and before I start buying furniture for the room.  I'm wanting to go with a french country style, but I don't want it to come out too feminine.  I don't know if I could even pull of french country as it won't match anything else in the house.  I'd like to get a antique-white wood headboard and I think my champagne/purple chair will be going in there as well.  I also want to leave some flexibility in the room should the room need to be re-decorated in 5-7 years for a... eh hemmm, baby.  I've been toying with these paint colors: light gray, soft mint green, champagne, ivory... of course I've been scouring pinterest for ideas.  Hopefully, something will jump out at me or I'll be struck with creative genius.  Until then, it's still #3.

I went to a couple places today for inspiration and to pick up a few random items - one of those places being Lowe's.  Let me tell you, it was a failure for a couple reasons.  (1) I got two types of light bulbs - normal 60W and interior flood lights. Well, both of them were the wrong size for what I needed to replace in the house.  Grrrr.... (2) I got AAA batteries for my stud finder... the stud finder doesn't take AAA.  (3) I forgot hardware to hang the chandelier.  Guess I've gotta go back tomorrow!!

I'll be sure to take before and after pics as I get some of these mini-projects done.  Friends, feel free to post comments, send links, or send ideas!!  Lord knows I need all the help I can get!


1 comment:

  1. Come back to blogging world! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://incompleteperfection1.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete