Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Fortune Cookie That Changed My Life

“Is your fortune as corny as mine?”  Probably not the pick-up line of the century, but it is a sentence that changed my life and introduced me to the love of life… Mr. Wesley Michael Viilo.  I had rushed to Hobby airport from the office in order to make a flight to Lubbock for a recruiting trip.  I was starving so I stood in line at the Hunan Phoenix to get some chicken fried rice before my flight.  The ladies behind the counter were particularly nice, so I made a comment to another hungry, Chinese-food-loving person standing next to me.  We made small talk, and I can remember thinking to myself, “This guy is pretty good looking.”  But we each got our lunches and went our separate ways to eat.  Well, as fate would have it, the two of us ended up sitting about 100 feet apart facing each other.  I ate about half of my fried rice and pulled out my laptop to do some work.  That’s when the handsome man came up to me and swept me off my feet.  We agreed that we should get together for drinks when I got back from Lubbock and he from St. Louis.  I gave him my business card (not my smoothest move ever), and he started texting me before we even left the airport.

And that’s how our story began.  Our first date was only days after at the Blue Moose Lodge where we were entertained (more or less) by a local country singer.  We enjoyed each other’s company and hung out until late in the night even though I had work the next day.  We dated casually for a few months, and decided to make it official on March 31, 2011.  Yep.  He asked me “Will you be my girlfriend?” It was an adorable moment.

I could write on for pages and pages about the rest of 2011 and how we fell in love.  But I’ll spare you the sappy story and get straight to the pictures.  Bo filled my life with spontaneity, stability, Aaron Watson concerts, smiles, cuddling, excitement, trust, and above all love.









No comments:

Post a Comment