Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Re-cap of 2011

2011 was a busy year for weddings!  Here’s a re-cap of what happened the rest of 2011!  I’ll just hit the highlights or else we could be here all day.

Frac’ing Away in the Eagle Ford

I am still currently working as a completions engineer for ConocoPhillips.  It is amazing to me how much knowledge and experience I picked up in a year.  Our team went through a significant re-organization, so now I’ve got a new Boss – Megan.  I’ve picked up a second rigline and several technical projects to work on – so my workload has nearly tripled!  I don’t make it out to the field as often as I would like, but it makes it that much more satisfying when I do get to step out of the office and head to good ol’Eagle Ford.

Katie Got Hitched!

My little sister in Kappa Delta, Katie, got married in May to Collins Gregory.  So my best friend is now named Katie Gregory.  I was honored to stand by Katie’s side as a bridesmaid.  The wedding was held at her dad’s house on Lake Belton.  Katie planned the entire wedding by herself, and it turned out so beautiful.  The lake was the perfect backdrop for the ceremony, and a hand-built dance floor with twinkle lights was the hot spot of the reception.  Katie and Collins are enjoying their first year as newly weds!

Meredith Got Engaged!

I was so excited for another one of my best friends, Meredith who got engaged this past summer to Kyle.  Meredith and I had met Kyle the summer before at a bar in Midtown.  It had been a low-key night, and some random guy struck up a conversation with me and Meredith.  Turns out that this guy was helping his cousin move down to Houston for work and it was their first weekend in H-town.  Well, this guy’s cousin was Kyle.  The two guys ended up meeting up with us later in the night at another bar, and you could totally tell that Kyle was into Meredith.  And the rest is history!  Meredith got a GORGEOUS solitare engagement ring.  Super jealous.  All the wedding planning began and I was honored when Meredith asked me to be her Maid of Honor!!  I’ve had a great time helping Meredith pick out her wedding dress and coming up with wedding ideas.  I’m looking forward to the big day coming up in June of this year!
Kyle, Meredith, and me at the Engagement Party


 Shopping for Meredith’s Wedding Dress

I Bought A House!

Yep.  I took the plunge.  And now, whether I like it or not, I’m a homeowner!  I finally decided that I was financially ready to put a down payment on the house and I was frankly sick and tired of apartment life.  It took only a few months before I found a cute little neighborhood situated near Memorial Park.  The community is full of 20-somethings, young professionals, and young families.  My place is a 3-bedroom, 2-1/2 bath – plenty of room to grow!  It’s a big place for just me and Denali!  With three stories, Denali definitely gets a workout every day.

Rae & Matt Got Married!

After a long year of planning and planning and planning, Rae and Matt tied the knot in December 2011.  There were so many fun events leading up the big day, including a crazy bachelorette party and a very bright stock the bar party.  The bridesmaids hosted the bachelorette party in Dallas.  The most memorable part of the weekend was getting to support Rae and the memory of her mom by all walking in the Race for the Cure. 



One of the groomsmen, James, and I hosted a Stock the Bar Party for Rae and Matt here in Houston.  It was a super fun party – we all dressed in our brightest neon clothes and rode a bus around Houston to various bars and clubs.  The bride and groom had a blast, and the pictures turned out awesome.


And of course, the wedding was unforgettable.  Hosted at the historic YWCA in downtown Ft. Worth, Rae and Matt had a fairy tale wedding, complete with a sweet getaway car!  Rae was absolutely stunning, and Matt was all smiles (with a few happy tears). 



Well those are the big events – but the most important part is missing from this blog post.  Probably  the best part of 2011 started on February 8th at an airport with a fortune cookie.  I met the a man named Bo and we fell in love... Will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment