Background

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Things I Love About Valentine's Day

Bo and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a couple this year, and at one point in the day he made a comment, "You love Valentine's Day don't you?"  Well, duh!! What girl doesn't?? But it's so much better when you have someone to love on.  Here are a few of my favorite things about V-day 2012.

My Valentine ~ Bo - I was so excited to get to celebrate our love.  It's been a year now, and we have a lot to be thankful for.  I surprised Bo with a box of chocolates and personalized fortune cookies (see below) on his sink counter.  And then I left a card and teddy bear in his car.  Awww.... and then I was surprised to get 18 beautiful long stemmed red roses delivered to the office.  Sneaky sneaky - he got my office mailing address from Meredith.  I sure do love Bo!!

Friends and Family - I am so thankful for my friends.  I usually don't give material valentines to my friends, but this year I decided to make personalized fortune cookies for each of my closest friends.  My mom gave me the idea and I think they turned out super cute!


I was so blessed to have my dad in Houston for V-Day.  I marinated a flank steak and Bo, dad, and I grilled it up - it was soooo yummy!!!  It was a great evening on hanging out and enjoying each others company.  That's what Valentines day is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment