Background

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Live Fit Work Out - Bring on Phase Two!

Early January 2012 I started a workout program - just like I do every  new year.  My friend Meredith and I shopped around a little bit for a program and landed on Jamie Eason's Live Fit 12-Week Trainer.  Bo thinks that Jamie is the ideal specimen for the female body, and he's actually the one that introduced me to the program.  The program is very straight forward - it gives you the exercises for the day and dictates a pretty intense clean diet.  And if I end up looking like Jamie... I won't be sad.

So Meredith and I have just finished Phase 1 (4 weeks!).  We are pretty excited to move to the next phase.  I'm still limping along in my training for the half marathon, so the next phase will fall right in line with my running training.  The program focuses on weight training, but in Phase 2 we get to add medium intensity cardio.  After 4 weeks of training I still haven't lost any lbs.  But that's probably because I still haven't gotten my nutrition lined out yet.  I feel stronger, and my arms are re-gaining some definition.  My lower body has definitely felt some pain after the intense leg workouts coupled with running.

So here's what I'm gonna try - actually eating right!!  Shocker, right.  Bo gets back from work on Sunday and we are going to the grocery to fill the refrigerator with chicken, chicken, and veggies.  I just get so bored of chicken and veggies.  Oh well.  So I'm going to give it one month... until the end of phase 2.  If the weight doesn't start dropping, then it'll be time to go back to the drawing board.

On the bright side, the half marathon is now TWO WEEKS AWAY!  Sadly, Bo will be working and won't get to run it with me like we had planned.  But Darcy has volunteered to run it with me.  Yayyy!  We did an 8-mile run last weekend and I felt really good despite my lack of weekday training.  She and I are really good running partners - I challenge her on the pace and she challenges me on the distance.  We're scheduled for a 10-mile run tomorrow morning - provided the rain stays away!  I'm feeling good about it.  I better get to bed so that I'm fresh and ready in the morning!  Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment