Background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Taking to the Skies of Houston!

Wow it's been awhile since I last blogged!  I've had several big events in the past few weeks... Bo is out of town this week, so I'll take some time to catch you up on the wonderful world of Nikki (and Bo).

For Christmas, Bo got me a Groupon for a one-hour discovery flight at a small airport outside of Houston.  I took the day off (also nice for half-marathon recovery) and we ventured out toward Cypress.  There was a miscommunication and we arrived 3 hours early... so I convinced Bo that we should go shopping!!! I was anticipating my VCIP bonus... and we had some time to kill... and the outlets malls would be dead.  I ended up spending way too much money, but I got some cute new outfits and a Le Crueset platter and dutch oven (purple, of course). 

We went to this adorable BBQ restaurant and shared a brisket sandwich before taking to the skies.  The little Cessna plane was just big enough for me, Bo, and the instructor pilot.  Bo sat in the back seat while I took the steering wheel.  Do they even call it a steering wheel??  Anyways.  It was a really cool experience to get to fly over Houston - over my house, over my office, close to downtown, over Memorial park!  It was a great way to see the city I now call home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment