Background

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Early Spring in Houston with a Broken A/C

I love springtime weather in Houston - I'd take a summer of sweltering, humid heat for the beautiful days like this weekend.  The weather has been ~80s with lingering rain clouds.  I love it... except for the fact that I went to turn on my air conditioner the other day, only to find out that it wasn't cooling.  So my house is a warm 80 to 84 degrees.  As my brother has been saying all weekend, it's frickin' hot! 

Yep, my mom and brother were in town this weekend.  Grant was in a wedding in Beaumont, and mom decided to fly down with him to spend the weekend with her favorite daughter.  It's been nice!  Mom and I went to her favorite Houston restaurant of Friday night - Amazon Grill.  Yummy... And on Saturday we went shopping at lots of great places to find some filler for the house - Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, Great Indoors, Pier One, Kirklands, and Home Depot.  We finally had to quit shopping because my car was so full!! Mom rode all the way home with a box in her lap.  It was hilarious.  We had a relaxing night in, and brought home Pei Wei for dinner.

Denali must have been tired of the warm house too, because she took a little adventure down the block.  I was working on my weekend project in the garage, and Denali was hanging out, enjoying the breeze.  I got so wrapped up in my wood staining that I didn't notice her sneak away.  When I realized she was gone, I did that little freak out thing that I'm sure most mommies do when they realize their little one has wandered off.  I thought maybe she had gone back into the house, so I ran around the house (my hands covered in wood stain) but she was nowhere to be found.  I ran up and down the block calling her name, but still no sign of her.  Finally, I heard her little whimper... she was sitting at the garage back door of a neighbor's house thinking that she had been locked out of her own house.  Silly girl.  She got a good spanking, but I was glad she hadn't wandered too far.

Mom and I are waiting on my weekend project to dry right now... I'll post about it when it's done, but I'm really excited.  Some DIY wall decor :).  Time for me to grab another tall glass of water and sit next to the fan!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Good luck! At least it went out now rather than in the middle of the summer I guess. Can't wait to see your wall decor!

    ReplyDelete